Monday, January 5, 2009

life is like a box of chocolate...


i have forgotten how to to my job.


after 11 days off of work (weekends are included in that, but 11 days is still a lot!) i have returned to my desk with a ton of problems: forgetting key strokes, stuttering while on the phone with people, a large amount of paperwork to do, forgetting silly information...


literally, this guy asked me "How many come in the pack of ten?" and i put him on hold, flipped through the book, and called a friend to ask her. when she laughed on the other end i knew it was bad. i returned to my customer and calmly and respectfully answered "ten."


what a day.


i wouldnt change it though. i mean, who would? 11 glorious days of couch cuddling and sleeping in vs. one awkward day of work? no contest.


but today, i just feel so silly.


on another note, last night we went to dinner with my family for my grandma's birthday and it was a nice evening. dinner was good, followed by good conversation, which always completes a night out. nay and i said our goodbyes and headed home to do some much needed laundry.


as we were folding the laundry and putting everything away, nathan hands me my clothes that he put on hangers for me and says:


"these are organized from sweaters and cardigans to long sleeves and tee shirts."


and then he just walks away.


it was the cutest thing that i think he has ever done. i mean, what man organizes his wives clothes like that?! i dont even organize my clothes like that!


i smiled at him and i put the clothes in the closet.


i love how he takes care of me.


even when he thinks i dont notice.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nay knows what a cardigan is? I'm beyond impressed!!! He is one in a million. Love ya, Kim

R-becca said...

Hey - my email address is rebecca.loesch@gmail.com - send me an email and I will send you our addresses! I am SO EXCITED about having something sent! I love mail. And I am glad our dating love is inspiring you - that's awesome!