Tuesday, March 24, 2009

He thinks I keep him grounded

yesterday nathan went to get tattooed, and he got one of the most beautiful tattoos i have ever seen. it is perfect and sweet and is everything i hoped it would be.

about a year ago i got my ring finer tattooed, nothing big, just a little red bow to show that marriage is a gift. it's not subtle but what can you get out of being subtle? =)

so then when nathan went to get tattooed, he decided to get an anchor; because he says i keep him grounded. because when my husband goes online to look at the newest apple products, i have to calmly tell him "honey, we dont really have the money for that..." or "hey love, our computer is great! we dont need a new one!" but he always seems to find a reason.

he does the same for me. when the world is crumbling around me and all i can do hide in our wonderful comfy bed, he's there. he gets me. he knows how emotional and tangled in my own feelings i can be and he knows what to do.

i never knew being grounded could feel so good.




4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi!
I was just searching around.. trying to find some people who have some similar interests.. since I am pretty new to blogger.. and I stumbled across your page!

first.. your photos are so great. simple and beautiful.. and second- your blog about nobody reading your blogs is exactly how I feel sometimes!

so I am gonna stick around and read if you don't mind! :)

and I think that your husband's tattoo is very sweet. I have 8 tats and my husband is too scared to get even one. :)

good to meet you!-- Rocksee

Anonymous said...

You guys are "beyond" awesome!
Love you, Kim

R-becca said...

I LOVE that tattoo. You guys are too cute.

Justine said...

well done, nathan. on the tattoo and the amazing wife.