Tuesday, March 31, 2009

AND ONE!

i dont understand what AND ONE means. i know it's a basketball term and something to do with fouls. i know that joey and nate and kip have tried to explain it to me: but i got nothing. i dont get it. but what i do get is that is sure if fun to yell it out to the boys that play basketball on tuesdays.

my husband is one of those boys, and it is just so fun to watch him be active and fun and an athlete. he has a great heart and is the first one to call himself on a foul. there is no trash talk or heated moments on the court: it's just hanging out on a tuesday with a different setting.

i go and try to support him, but damn it gets cold out there! my God my feet are so cold i could break off my toes and put them in your soda...that may be how Phoebe found a thumb in her soda...

i digress. anyway, my super awesome wonderful photographer friend christine lent us this awesome zoom lens and it was so great. i got some cool shots and thought i would share them.




anyway, hope all of your weeks are going well. this week has been an interesting one and i dont know where i will be at the end of it all. our college group is reading through the whole new testament in 5 weeks, and nathan and i are really digging it so far. granted yesterday was day one and it's 10:16 p.m. and i havent started on todays (can you say foreshadowing?) but i still like it.

there is just something sweet about re-reading all the words i base my life upon. my marriage upon. my growth upon. something very sweet indeed.



4 comments:

R-becca said...

You are so awesome. I just need to say that. And! I have ALWAYS hated those "and one!" basketball shirts because I never knew what it means. You're not alone.

Megan said...

I'm glad you're back on your blog- hooRAY! And love that you're getting into photography, you're pictures look awesome.

Anonymous said...

These are great pics! I like the top one especially!!

I don't get it either. :)

Anonymous said...

My week has been awful but then I can read blogs of my friends and instantly the world is a better place. I love you, Kim