Monday, April 20, 2009

out on a limb

today didnt feel like a monday. if anything it felt like a saturday which is a wonderful, fantastic, glorious feeling- until you realize that tomorrow isnt sunday and you do in fact, have to drag yourself to work.

but it felt like saturday because i only worked a 3 hour day, due to the fact our air conditioning guy was coming today, and that was certainly not a meeting i wanted to miss. i got home and janvier came over to hang out with me and go swimming later. so we waited around in my sicky home until the fixed air conditioning filled the rooms with much needed icy air. after we ate, took some pictures of our hounds playing, and watched some harry potter, we dragged our sweaty bodies down to the pool for some sun bathing and swimming.

what a wonderful monday/saturday.

cool refreshing water ran along my hands and the back of my neck washing all of the heat away, and filled my body with a feeling fresh and calming. it was so great just to lay on top of the water and feel it carry me around, sun beating down on my now sunburn face, and drops of water finding their way into my mouth and ears.

on a monday. when i should be at work.

glorious.

needless to say, i am extremely exhausted and ready to crawl into our comfy bed for some good ol' fashion sleeping and relaxing. hmm...even as i wrote that sentence my body was very disappointed with me that i am still sitting at this computer.

i'm going to go out on a limb and say that is one of the best ideas i have ever had. good job brain.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hah I like the last one with the tounge out!

I am glad you had a free day!!

January Mamma said...

Our houndies are so cute!!
The cutest, I say... :)

R-becca said...

cute dog pics!