Thursday, November 5, 2009

the cough that wont quit.

it's funny how things change.

i have liked blogging in the past, but i am really starting to enjoy it in a different way. it soothes a part of me that i didnt even know needed soothing. i actually check my blog about 5 times a day, not even kidding, just to re-read or see if there are any comments from my lovely friends. i'm just digging it more, which is funny since i think people read it less.

it's also funny how nathan and i are changing. since my last, painfully honest post, we have been doing SO well. so well it has to be our God, in His enormous grace and forgiveness, that allowed us to be pulled out of the rut we were in.

we are laughing. we are giggling. we are reaching for hands and kisses and becoming more and more loving. more back massages. more jokes. more conversations. it is just such a bummer that the past 2 weeks took up so many opportunities to have more of these good days. and it couldnt have come too soon: nathan is sick.


he came home from work with a itchy throat and a cough that wont quit. he needed to come home, eat some lunch, and get to bed and i obliged. i have been serving him, taking care of him, massaging him, taking his temperature, and giving him his many doses of Emergency.

and honestly, i dont think i could be the wife he needs me to be if God hadn't fixed us. if He hadn't given us the amount of mercy that He did, i dont think i would be able to love nathan the way he needs to be loved.

that would have been a tragedy. a waste.

thank goodness we got out of those two weeks alive. God is so good, and we moved out of the way to see it just in time.

5 comments:

Emery Jo said...

i got your comment first thing when i woke up this morning... what a sweet way to start my day!! thank you so so much for letting me know that you enjoy reading what i write. it means a lot to me!

I am glad you and the hubs were able to reconnect. Chris and I go through weeks like that every once in awhile and it is THE. WORST. God always walks us through it, though, and we ALWAYS have a stronger, more graceful marriage on the other side. :) Thanks for being open & sharing this!

Ricky said...

it's really tough going through hard times. But after that, it's the greatest feeling ever. Which sucks because it took a bad day/week to get closer and more giggly and lovey with each other. I totally feel you.

I'm glad to see you guys are doing better. And sorry to hear nae is sick. :-/

i hope i see you guys soon! i miss you guys!

the jackson 4 said...

Happy to see things are going so much better for you and the Nate. It was great to see you at the shower! I miss that pretty&witty girl that I used to get to see so often. Hope you are having a nice weekend!

January Mamma said...

So glad to hear it.

Sarah said...

i completely hear wear you are coming from about marriage and being connected to our husbands. God does work with us and will keep our marriages strong, but we must keep him active in our lives. Thank you for sharing this post - it really gave me reason to pause and think about my own marriage.

You can find me at www.joyfullygray.com ... I am Sarah, by the way. I just started following your blog and found you through Emery Jo's blog.

Love and peace - SG