Friday, May 22, 2009

wake up

when you go to the doctors to hear a heartbeat that doesnt exist
when you spend endless nights unable to sleep knowing your body wont take a baby
when it puts a strain on your marriage and body knowing your chances of a baby is almost impossible
when you finally come to grips with knowing you will only have one child
when you have to tell people you are no longer pregnant
when you have given up hope of giving your sweet son a sibling

when there is no hope, little faith and an emptiness that wont be filled...

a moment comes. this moment is when you find out that you are pregnant: it must feel like your dreaming, and that it cant be real.

but it is.

and you are.

we are beyond happy and proud of you guys and cant wait to meet her (or him but i think its a girl.) =)



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

SO happy for you. This is going to be so great!!! A baby!

We struggle as well, so I know what you mean. Completely. :)

Megan said...

I love this! And I love that picture of Beth- orange is such a fitting color for her sunshiney self!

Mrs. Ives said...

Hey, that's me!

Thanks for that beautiful post, Casey. You are sweet, so sweet. I can't believe it. I threw up this morning. How great is my life?